Friday, April 29, 2011

Who are you?

Thibault (on the left) interviews Anxo

First of all, what's your name ?
My name is Anxo Gende Seoane. It's longer than French or English names because we have the family names of both our parents.

Where do you live in Spain ?
I live in a little city called Bertamirans, just near Santiago. There are about 20 000 inhabitants but there are more than 200 000 inhabitants if you consider Santiago and Milladoiro, two big cities close to Bertamirans.

Where's your school ?
My school is about two kilometers from my home. It's called IES Ames : IES means "Instituto de Escuela Secondaria" i.e. "Secondary School", and Ames is the name of the district.

Is your timetable similar to mine ?
No, it's utterly different. First of all, we start school later, at 8:50 a.m. Then we have shorter lessons : 50 minutes. We have 2 breaks of 20 minutes : one at 10:30 and another at 12:30. But the most impressive difference between French and Spanish pupils is our lunch time. We lunch at about 3:00 p.m. However, we have the same subjects.

What are
your hobbies ?
I'm fond of the accordion. I often play the diatonic accordion, because you can make more sounds than a normal accordion, even if it's much more difficult. I also like biking and going to Nemina-Carnota beach to do body board. But hanging out with my friends is my favorite activity !

Have you already been to France ?
Yes, because my family travels a lot. I went to France when I was 10 years old. I visited Paris, Bordeaux, Calais, Lille, the famous Mont Saint-Michel and also the Brittany region. I find your country very beautiful and interesting because there are plenty of historical monuments and buildings, and French culture is well-known in the whole world. That's why I decided to take part in this exchange.

No comments: